SAIL houses an outstanding library of training and simulation videos available for residents and trainees. These videos are produced in-house, with the goal of better preparing our students as they rotate through clinical environments by immersing them in real-life clinical scenarios and environments.
Surgical Video Library
Surgical procedures are filmed in the operating room on actual patients. They are designed for preoperative viewing, to help transition surgical residents into various clinical rotations. They are filmed with Cornell Surgical faculty to allow residents to observe surgical techniques they will be experiencing next month.
- Total Thyroidectomy
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy and Lumpectomy
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy (Pediatric)
- Open Inguinal Hernia Repair (Pediatric)
- Renal Transplant
- Heineke-Mikulicz Strictureplasty
- Kono – S Anastomosis
- Construction of Ileal J-Pouch
- Traditional Side-Side Anastomosis
- Everted Carotid Endarterectomy
- Arteriovenous Fistula
- Thoracoscopic Upper Lobectomy (Pediatric)
Anesthesiology Video Library
A collection of clinical anesthesiology procedures designed to help orient anesthesiology residents on best techniques and practices.
- Central Line Placement on a Cardiac Patient
- Fiber Optic Awake Intubation
- Anesthesia Hygiene
Medical Student Video Library
A collection of instructional videos consisting of lectures, guides, orientations, clinical procedures and walkthroughs designed to help medical students rotating through the Anesthesiology and Surgery programs.
- Anesthesia – Introduction to the OR
- Anesthesia – Introduction to the Drug Cart
- Anesthesia – Introduction to Canvas
- Anesthesia/Surgery – Operating Room Etiquette
- Surgery- A collection of 25 lectures on various surgical topics
- Surgery – Asepsis