Skills Acquisition and Innovation Laboratory
A vital, 24-hour, 7-day a week teaching and research laboratory, SAIL is managed by the Departments of Surgery, Anesthesiology and Radiology. We offer the most advanced, state-of-the-art technology available in the field of operating room and surgical simulation, with the capability to create nearly any healthcare scenario.
- 28 high-definition cameras
- Multiple high-fidelity simulation manikins
- Simulation Control Room
- Simulation Operating Room (OR)
- Simulated recovery/Emergency Room (ER)
- Simulated procedural skills room
- State-of-the-art Conference Room
A Day in the Lab
SAIL offers a unique opportunity for participants to gain hands-on experience. Through a realistic simulation, residents will become more comfortable with every aspect of a surgery- from handling unexpected problems as they arise to simply talking to the patient.