SAIL is a dynamic yet protected learning environment for medical students, faculty and house staff.
The lab offers them the opportunity to learn new techniques, evaluate their capabilities, maintain skills, investigate novel approaches and develop innovative ideas.
Uses of SAIL include:
- Teaching medical students basic and essential practical tasks necessary for clinical duties during their clinical rotations
- Instructing residents on essential tasks for successful completion of their postgraduate surgical training
- Evaluation and certification of house staff
- Skill maintenance
- Providing groups an opportunity to master the team skills that are crucial to helping patients
- Evaluations and training on medical devices
- Organizing and executing internal and external courses/seminars
The departments of Surgery, Anesthesiology and Radiology have fully integrated SAIL training into the residency curricula.
For information on a specific educational program, please visit each department's website:
Department of Surgery
Department of Anesthesiology
Department of Radiology